Sacred Land News
Please join us for the Moscow premiere of Pilgrims and Tourists in the Pastures of Heaven at the Multimedia Art Museum in Moscow on July 1. This hour-long documentary film is the first episode of the new four-part Standing on Sacred Ground series, and it will be screened with Russian subtitles.
The film will be shown at the Multimedia Art Museum, Ostozhenka 16, on July 1 at 7pm, with Winnemem Wintu Chief Caleen Sisk from California, Danil Mamyev, Altaian cultural leader and founder of Uch Enmek Nature Park, and film director Christopher (Toby) McLeod all appearing in person to answer questions after the film.
In Pilgrims and Tourists in the Pastures of Heaven, indigenous shamans of the Altai Republic of Russia and the Winnemem Wintu Tribe of northern California tribe find common ground in defending ancestral burial grounds and protecting their sacred lands. In both countries, communities confront changes from modernism, recreational land use, and resource development. These two stories are the first of eight stories from around the world where indigenous communities are working to protect traditional lands and cultures.
The Standing on Sacred Ground series is produced by the Sacred Land Film Project of Earth Island Institute. Our Moscow screening is sponsored by the U.S. Embassy with funding from Trust for Mutual Understanding.
Leave a Reply
- Read Sacred Land Blog from Film Director Toby McLeod and Team
- Standing on Sacred Ground on Public TV. Check Local Listings.
- PBS Broadcasts Begin!
- POV Streaming In the Light of Reverence
- Tar Sands Protests Then and Now
- New Video: Tar Sands Map Rap
- Hawaii’s Legislature Should Fund Commercial Free Kaho`olawe
- Lucid Dream: I’m not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this...
- surinder rawat: Views ~!~ ^:^ This informal research is an exploration of the region of ancient the...
- Elizabeth Johnson: Thank you for this wonderful account of ceremony, connection, and water exchange to re-charge Mt....
- peter burkett: It’s not 1887, but 1877. In your opening paragraph you have the wrong year. Makes the rest of...
- Anna Pollock: This is such an important story to be told around the planet. I am developing Conscious Travel –...